- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university.
- Valid teaching certificate appropriate for secondary music.
- Knowledge of current concert band techniques. High School Directors should also have knowledge of current marching techniques.
- Demonstrates skills in leading, motivating, and cooperating with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of T.M.E.A. and U.I.L. rules and procedures.
- For Head Director applicants, demonstrate ability to grow and maintain a large, successful band program in a public school setting.
- For Head Director applicants, minimum of three years of experience as a secondary public school director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
Additional stipend as approved
- Recruit and retain students in the band program.
- Teach appropriate instrument pedagogy and ensemble skills for student success.
- Prepare individual students for success at individual auditions and competitions.
- Collaborate with building Fine Arts staff and vertical staff.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
- Collaborate in preparation of Non-Varsity and Varsity Ensembles for successful performances and competitions.
- Teach and supervise marching band at High School level.
- Head Directors will be expected to mentor and train assistant director(s) when appropriate.
- Head Directors will be expected to manage the budget, fund raising, private lesson program, library, inventory, and instrumentation of program (where applicable).
- Head Directors provide supervisory leadership of all components of the band program including marching band, concert band, solo, ensemble, drumline and color guard.
- Head Directors design and coordinate competitive marching band show at High School level.
- Head Directors will be expected to work with booster club (when applicable) to implement approved goals.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
1. Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
2. Posture: Prolonged standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
3. Motion: Frequent walking
4. Lifting: Regular moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds); may lift and move musical instruments
5. Environment: High School Head Directors will have frequent exposure to sun, heat, cold and be expected to work outside. Frequent exposure to noise.
6. Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours; frequent travel and frequent travel by school bus.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications will be reviewed..
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS: