- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university.
- Valid teaching certificate appropriate for secondary music.
- Demonstrates skills in teaching vocal technique and choir.
- Demonstrates skills in leading, motivating, and cooperating with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of T.M.E.A. and U.I.L. rules and procedures.
- For Head Director applicants, demonstrates ability to grow and maintain a large, successful choir program in a public school setting.
- For Head Director applicants, minimum of three years of experience as a secondary public school director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
Additional stipend as approved
- Recruit and retain students in the choir program.
- Teach appropriate vocal pedagogy and vocal skills for student success.
- Prepare individual students for success at individual auditions and competitions.
- Collaborate with building Fine Arts staff and vertical staff.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
- Collaborate in preparation of Non-Varsity and Varsity Ensembles for successful performances and competitions.
- Head Directors will be expected to mentor and train assistant director(s) when appropriate.
- Head directors will be expected to manage the budget, fund raising, private lesson program, library and inventory.
- Head Directors will be expected to work with the booster club to implement approved goals (when applicable).
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
1. Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
2. Posture: Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
3. Motion: Frequent walking
4. Lifting: Regular moderate lifting and carrying (up to 15 pounds); may lift classroom equipment
5. Environment: Regular exposure to noise
6. Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours; frequent travel and frequent travel by school bus.
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS: