Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our teacher aides and other team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
Our early learning programs create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships. With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices,
you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
The Teacher Aide provides support to teaching team in planning and implementing learning experiences for children; maintaining classroom; and managing children in accordance with the YMCA goals and curriculum plan.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support plans of effective child development program to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of each child enrolled.
- Support children’s safety through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment, and regular practice of fire drills and other emergency procedures.
- Support and implement routines for diapering, toilet training hand washing, tooth brushing, eating, napping, and transitioning between activities, in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent with regulations and good child development practices.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor center plans for meeting and retaining children & families, including eligibility, recruitment, enrollment and daily attendance.
- Work as member of team to ensure continuity of children’s care, curriculum and quality in the classroom and center.
- Participate and support centers efforts to recruit and enroll new children and families.
- Maintain professionalism in attire and demeanor; observe and respect issues of confidentiality, ethics and best practices of the Early Childhood Profession, and mandatory reporting guidelines of the Abuse and Neglect Child Reporting Act.
Must have a High School Diploma with 12 college credit hours in Early Childhood Education with prior experience working with children.