Openings as of 5/17/2019
- Teacher Art-1749 Tucson JobID: 1749
- Position Type:
Certified/Teacher (Fine Arts)
- Date Posted:
School for the Blind-Tucson
TEACHER ART BVI/DHH Location: Tucson Employee Status: Permanent Hours Per Week: 20 Work Calendar: 10-Month Pay Rate: $17,133-$32,798 Other: ASL Required. This position serves both Blind/VI and Deaf/HH Students. Incentives: Signing Bonus: $1500 for New Certified Staff Members.
Moving Expenses: $1500 for Certified Staff Members from outside of Arizona.
CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Individual positions may be responsible for some or all of the listed duties/or other related duties
- Provide Highly Qualified instruction to students
- Assess and evaluate student abilities and needs
- Maintain accurate and complete student records
- Confer with evaluation staff to develop and implement the IEP (Individual Education Plan)
- Prepare classroom materials for teaching Art, Dance, Dramatic Arts, and music to students with sensory impairments
- Participate in continuing education courses and workshops
- Coach or participate in one extracurricular activity a year
- Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit
- Principles and practices of administration and management
- Agency or program rules, regulations, and operating procedures
- Current methods, techniques, and practices used to teach music to students with sensory impairments
- State law, regulations, policies, and procedures relating to the area of assignment
- Arizona Department of Education rules and regulations governing teacher certification
- Learning Strategies
- Monitoring and assessing performance
- Behavior management techniques
- Planning and organizing
- Communicate information and ideas effectively so that others will understand
- Develop lesson plans
- Evaluate student performance
- Must be able to pass FBI and State Background check
- Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all agency personnel that drive on state business
- Degree in Music, Music Education, Special Education, HI or VI
- Current ADE (Arizona Department of Education) Teacher Certification in Music and VI/HI or certified in Music and VI/HI from another state
- Secondary teaching positions must have subject matter coursework as required by ADE
- Proficient in Braille and ASL
- Current CIT (Crisis Intervention Training) certification or ability to obtain
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the States retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
CONTACT INFORMATION For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
- Position Type: