Providence is calling an Teacher Assistant (Center for Child Development, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) at the Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Communicate appropriately (verbal and written) with children, parents/families, teaching and management teams.
- Assist in program implementation by preparing and facilitating developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Complete forms and records related to children’s development and learning experiences.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment through adequate supervision of children and implementation of infection control procedures.
- Help to ensure the safety of equipment and materials.
- Comply with licensing and NAEYC Accreditation standards while implementing developmentally appropriate practice.
- Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Complete initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.