Assists teacher in all aspects of the educational programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the implementation of the daily program under the direction of the teacher.
- Implementing the afterschool and summer camp curriculum.
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed materials and supplies for students’ daily activities.
- Work individually or in small groups with students to review classroom instruction, provide reading activities, or assist answering questions.
- Assist with supervising outside playground activities.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks.
- Perform clerical tasks.
- Attend all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences, including in-service training as may be required by the contractual agreements and/or Company.
- Operate and care for instructional equipment used in the classroom.
- Assist with the supervision of students outside the classroom such as: field trips to assist with student supervision and safety, during play period, lunchroom activities, dismissal, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees outside the school
- When assigned to drive follows driver job description, Department of Transportation and Department of Children and Families regulations.
- Bus attendants must follow Department of Children and Families Regulations.
- Assists in loading and unloading of children.
- Reports interior repairs (seat belts, car seats, etc.).
- Secures children into age appropriate safety devices
- Attends to children as needed.
- Follows emergency procedures.
- Remains in Bus at all times except for using the lift.
- If child becomes ill (seizures, vomits) attends to child as driver pulls to side of road.
- If incident requires medical attention have driver call 911 on cellular phone.
- In the event the vehicle becomes disabled call school on cellular phone for instructions.
- In the event of an accident call 911 and notify the school for instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGLATIONS
Valid Florida Driver's License, HIV Course, CPR
Department of Children and Families 45 Hours Child-care Course
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer Basics
Ability to read and comprehend educational and transportation instructions. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and taste or smell. The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.