Teacher Assistant, for Children with Disabilities
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
To support the Head Teacher and Teaching Assistants to provide a comprehensive, experience based early childhood program for children with special needs between two to three years of age. Under the guidance of the Head Teacher ensure that the children are given opportunities to practice acquired and emerging skills of development through their play experiences within the classroom and throughout the JCC.Minimum Qualifications:
- To enjoy the shared interaction while supporting the needs of each child you work with at Jumpstart
- To help prepare the classroom and materials utilized in each session and consider the children in that group
- To be responsible and accountable for finding out the schedule for a session and activities to be completed during that period.
- Ensuring that you understand the purpose of an activity and how to correctly set it up discussing with the team individual modifications needed to meet the needs for that child's pleasure and success
- To help to maintain a professional fun, welcoming environment for both children and any other adults who may be working in or visiting the Jumpstart classroom
- Participate in training workshops.
The Stamford JCC is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, and we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.