Specialized Education Services Inc. (SESI) is a leading provider of contracted educational services to schools and districts nationwide. We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve.
SESI emphasizes small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations. You will have the opportunity to work with a very specialized population in an intimate classroom setting. We also offer a full suite of health benefits plus 401k plan to full-time employees.
We are seeking a Teacher Assistant to join our team.
The teacher assistant will be responsible for collaborating with teachers to monitor the development of each child.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Understanding and acclimating to the teacher’s routine in order to provide classroom coverage.
- Working with all students in the building to promote their learning and pro-social development.
- In the event a student becomes a threat to themselves or others, it will be imperative that you provide support including the use of physical intervention techniques.
- Assisting with parent communication to keep them informed about their child’s development and any recent behavioral issues.
- Overall, general supervision within hallways, classrooms, cafeterias, and school yards will be the daily priority.
Requires a High School Diploma. College experience and or the completion of a bachelor’s degree preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well as prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
Candidates can submit resumes to email@example.com
At Catapult LearningI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Catapult believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.