Teacher Assistants helps in the daily management and supervision of the classroom and children, as directed by the classroom teacher. The Assistant must be professional, punctual, patient, caring, a team player, and able to spend a portion of the day sitting on the floor and playing with the children.
• Assists and supervises children during all activities. Be quick to redirect children away from unsafe behaviors.
• Helps to prepare instructional aids and materials for classroom activities.
• Ensures that the appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of the classroom are appropriately maintained.
• Assists children with all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, accident reports, and attendance reports
• Assists children with meal time and clean-up.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings as requested.