Help us open doors and create independent and productive lives for students with autism and developmental disabilities. If you’re a highly motivated person who wants to thrive in a high energy, leading-edge educational environment, you will find that NECC is a great place to build your career and professional skills. We have upcoming openings for professional teaching positions
All of our Teachers, regardless of previous experience, receive extensive training and learn to apply the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to teach children, adolescents and young adults to acquire skills and maximize independence in the areas of academics, socialization, self-control of behavior, activities of daily living, communication and employment services. Whether working in the school or the community or the residence, all teachers are trained to competency and are expected to implement the full range of behavioral and educational programs individually designed for each student.
The entry-level 2 teacher position is typically for individuals who have had some formal experience working with children with special needs. These teachers work both in the school and in our residences with some evening and weekend hours. While all teachers work with all the students on the team, a Level II teacher serves as a case manager for 1 student and is responsible for educational program design, IEP development and regular communication with parents.
- Applicants must be seeking a full-time position with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree and be physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience.
- Licensed Teaching and non-Licensed Teaching positions are available.
- Applicants must have their own transportation and be able to obtain a valid Massachusetts driver's license.
- Applicants must have positive academic and employment references.
- Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with children or young adults and with experience in or an interest in being trained in the principles of applied behavior analysis.
We have GREAT BENEFITS including
- SKILLS TRAINING in theoretical and practical applications of behavior analysis and behavior management techniques.
- Comprehensive HEALTH, DENTAL AND LIFE INSURANCE program
- Professional Development via ON-SITE GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS including; a Masters in Intensive Special Needs through Simmons College, or a Masters in Applied Behavior Analysis through Western New England College
- Generous TUITION REIMBURSEMENT for related fields.
- COMPETITIVE SALARIES
- 5 weeks of paid VACATION per year
- RECRUITMENT BONUS PLAN
- RELOCATION assistance and HOUSING available when applicable
- On-site DAY CARE and INTEGRATED PRESCHOOL
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PLAN Our EAP professional is on-site for your confidential assistance.
- and MUCH MORE!
For additional information, please visit our web site at www.necc.org