POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of clerical duties to assist with and support various classroom and school functions. (This is a 7 hour per day 35 hours per week position).
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Performs any combination of a variety of clerical services for the school staff, such as opening and distributing mail, answering the phone, taking and forwarding messages, typing classroom materials and /or correspondence, copying classroom and/or office materials, laminating, preparing and distributing informational flyers, preparation of progress reports.
2. Supervises or assists with supervision of students during breakfast and lunch hours, recesses, loading/unloading of buses; schedules field trips and special buses as required; schedules special student appointments with teachers or counselors upon request.
3. Prepares posters, special displays and/or other materials for school bulletin boards and special mailings.
4. Orders and maintains inventory of various supplies and equipment required by the school.
5. May take incoming absenteeism phone calls and track student attendance/tardiness and assist with administration of the attendance program.
6. May respond to requests from students or parents for assistance and solicit parent volunteers to help with school functions.
7. May assist with preparation of information necessary for various reports submitted to the district and/or collect and deposit miscellaneous monies for the school.
8. May assist with cataloging of books and maintenance of the school library or videotape inventory; or have responsibility for administration of the cable channel at the school.
9. May make arrangements or assist with coordinating special functions or events at the school.
1. May serve as back-up for the school nurse/clinic at lunch or in the event of absence.
2. May assist in the principal’s office and with other special projects as may be assigned.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
--Minimum high school diploma.
--School district experience preferred.