School for Early Childhood Education
Los Angeles, California
USC School for Early Childhood Education is seeking an Teacher to join its team.
This position will provide a successful, safe and supervised educational setting for children while they are in the USC-SECE environment (classroom, outdoor play area, and field trips). To promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of State Preschool children. Encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program. To develop individual goals for children, provide on-going assessment on progress and facilitate transition into kindergarten. Considered the Teacher of Record for all children in assigned classroom and works as a team with the assigned Associate Teacher. The position is grant funded and contingent on continued funding.
Hours/Salary:Full time, $17.85-$20.88/hour
- Bachelor of Arts/Science preferred in early childhood education or child development.
- Commission on Teacher Credentialing Child Development Teacher Permit
- 1 year of experience working in an early education setting with children 3-5 years
- Child Development Teacher Permit Matrix qualifications and requirements for position.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- CPR & First Aide Certificate (may be obtained after applying but before starting)
- Physical Exam and TB Screening within last 12 Months
- Live Scan Clearance from the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Proof of Influenza, Measles and Pertussis vaccinations or medical note with exemption
- Must have a car, be able to drive, have a valid CA driver’s license, and current auto insurance
- Computer literate.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter, Certificates, Permits, Degrees and Two Letters of Recommendation.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Early childhood education and experience. Must meet Child Development Permit Matrix qualifications and requirements for position. Three to five years of experience in a preschool, day care center or other child development facility may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$48869.htmld