One on One New Unit A Educator Mentor Stipend
This posting is for 1:1 mentors of newly hired Unit A educators. Approved mentors will receive a stipend of $637 as stipulated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Unit A.
Mentors agree to demonstrate a commitment to the mentoring program by:
- Establishing a collegial, non-evaluative relationship with the teachers they mentor
- Operating with the assumption that incoming teachers as consistently doing the best work they can with the skills and resources they have.
- Maintaining confidentiality with respect to the mentor/incoming teacher relationship
- Providing consistent support to the teachers they are mentoring, including a cheduled face-to-face meeting every week (Sept-Dec) at a designated time, every other week (Feb-June), with informal check-ins during the other weeks
- Differentiating their work with the incoming teachers they mentor in response to the needs of the teachers they are mentoring
- Assisting the teachers they mentor in setting up observations in their own school and/or of teachers in other buildings, and making themselves available to observe and/or to be observed by the teachers they are mentoring
- Ensuring that the incoming teachers are welcomed into the school environment and understand the school’s culture
- Supporting the mentee in maintaining a log of meetings, dates, topics discussed, and brief reflections throughout the year
- Completing an end of the year mentor survey, and providing informal feedback as requested throughout the school year