LICENSED TEACHER VACANCY
TEACHER OF THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED - DISTRICT WIDE
All Postings Close at 11 PM on the Closing Date Indicated Unless Listed as 'When Filled'Starting Date:
July 23, 2019
New Teacher/Licensed Staff Orientation:
New teaching/new licensed staff orientation will be held on July 24, 25 and 26, 2018
District 49 credits each year of verified full-time/full-year K-12 teaching experience up to 15 years.
182 contracted work days
Interviews are site-based and not conducted by the Human Resources office.
If you have questions regarding the status of an open or recently closed position, you may contact the site where the vacancy is located.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- MA or higher from accredited college or university
- Valid Colorado teaching license endorsed in area of assignment: 5-21 Special Education Specialist with endorsement in Visually Impaired. NOTE: These are the only endorsements that are acceptable for this position. If you do not hold this endorsement but have been accepted into a CDE approved program that when finished will yield you eligible to apply for a CO teaching license or added endorsement in Special Education Generalist while working under a Temporary Educator Eligibility (TEE) please upload your program acceptance letter that clearly states you are in a CDE approved program for Special Education Generalist and that the college/university are able and willing to sign off on all TEE paperwork.
District 49 is a progressive, rapidly growing district in eastern Colorado Springs. Home to more than 19,000 students and 1,600 staff members, District 49 aims to be the best district to learn, work and lead. As one of Colorado’s only two recognized Districts of Innovation, District 49 is a challenging and stimulating place to lead. As part of our commitment to innovate, we host a robust portfolio of conventional, charter, online, and blended schools, including homeschool support as well as career and technical education.
See attached job description and salary schedule for details about this position.
For your application to be deemed complete, you must complete the following:
1. Upload full and complete transcripts beginning with your Bachelors degee.
2. Answer all questions on the application including all disclosure questions.
3. Upload letter of introduction.
4. Upload current resume.
5. Upload Colorado Department of Education license. If you are applying for an Alternative Teaching License, please upload a copy of your Statement of Eligiblility along with a copy of your college/university program acceptance letter. Each should list the area you will hold your license once you complete the program.
The entire employment application process is completed online. Please complete and upload all documents via the Applitrack system.
District 49 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the Office of Civil Rights for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.