Fort Worth ISD is recruiting talented, compassionate teachers dedicated to helping every student in the district succeed. Successful applicants for the 2020-2021 school year will share a commitment to excellence in the classroom and a belief that great teaching is the key to unlocking student success.
Fort Worth Independent School District is hiring teachers in all subject areas particularly for high need areas such as bilingual, math
for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. By filling out one application, you will gain access to opportunities across all Fort Worth schools.
Teaching in Fort Worth is more than a career. It’s a calling. Answer the call today and join an exceptional team of teachers shaping the leaders of tomorrow. Certified teachers as well as career changers can see a complete listing of opportunities at TeachFortWorth.orgPosition Purpose
Deliver rigorous instruction to students in order to promote intellectual, social, and physical growth and ensure that regardless of socioeconomic factors every child is prepared for accelerated learning to compete in a global economy.Essential Functions
- Teach the District curriculum utilizing well-designed lesson plans and rigorous instruction combined with curriculum activities and instructional objectives that are standards-based, measurable, and accelerate the transfer of learning and knowledge.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instructional materials and strategies to provide differentiated instruction and address individual needs of the students.
- Develop instructional units and opportunities for enrichments, differentiations and project-based learning to provide for collaboration, creative thinking, and extended interaction among students.
- Assess and document student mastery of curriculum objectives and student progress and growth utilizing frequent, appropriate, on-going and multiple assessment tools through interventions, and formal and informal assessment procedures, including standardized tests, formative assessments, performance tasks, enrichments, and observations.
- Perform essential functions and roles pertaining to standardized testing, including monitoring and proctoring tests, securing and disseminating test data, combined with maintaining current and accurate records of student test data.
- Maintain accurate and efficient record-keeping of official attendance records, grade reports, student files, documentation of state and local assessment preparation, and other appropriate documents.
- Execute and maintain appropriate student-centered discipline techniques and effective classroom management strategies to maximize student learning and time-on-task.
- Monitor student behavior outside the classroom at designated times, between classes, and at assigned duty stations.
- Engage parents and families in the academic and behavioral progress of their child by initiating parent conferences and providing opportunities for parents to continually support student learning and school programs.
- Contribute ideas, work on committees, collaborate with peers, participate in curriculum development and revision activities as appropriate, and attend district and campus professional development activities demonstrating a commitment to personal and professional growth and development.
- Attend and participate in school events during and outside of regular school hours.
- Perform all job related duties as assigned and in accordance to the Board rules, policies and regulations, specifically EG (Local), together with exhibiting high professionalism, standards of conduct and work ethic. All employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
- ”Other duties as assigned” may include working in supplemental assignments under special revenue funds or state compensatory education funds.
Physical Demands Reference
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas Teacher certificate at the appropriate level for assignment OR Accepted in an approved Alternative Certificate Program (ACP) and have passed the required prerequisite examinations.
- Experience working with diverse student populations preferred.
- Bilingual fluency is beneficial in some settings.
Occasionally (0-33% of day, 0-32 repetitions)
Frequently (34-66% of day, 33-200 repetitions)
Constantly (67-100% of day, >200+ repetitions)Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee must maintain emotional control under stress, and occasionally work prolonged and/or irregular hours. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The work environment is a standard office setting including standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, 10-key, etc.). The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.
Please visit TeachFortWorth.org to submit your online application and learn more about Fort Worth Independent School District. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Fort Worth Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and expression, military/veteran status, in its programs and activities. Application and Selection Process
Complete an online application at www.fwisd.org and attach a résumé, transcript, copy of certification, and letter of interest.
A thorough review of all applications will occur in order to determine which applicants will be invited to move forward in the selection process. All teacher candidates will be required to participate in a personal interview with the principal, and may be asked to submit a lesson plan and demonstrate a lesson. For additional information about the selection process, please visit: TeachFortWorth.org
All chosen teacher candidates will be asked to complete the ZeroRisk® Hiring System Profile
during the selection process. The information collected during this 20-minute exercise will help us select the right person for the right position, which will help us reach our District goals. In no way will this information be the sole basis for an employment decision with the Fort Worth ISD.
Upon request and prior to being placed in the teacher pool, selected applicants are required to submit and complete the following:
Before applying to this position, thoroughly read the information below
- Copies of the appropriate license(s), certification(s), and/or approval form from the alternative certification program
- Copies of transcripts; all foreign transcripts need to be equivocated prior to hiring.
By applying to this position, you are requesting to be considered for a teaching position in the Fort Worth ISD for the 2020-2021 school year. This position is district-wide, and you are not applying to a specific school. Upon submission of the application, all reference checks will be automatically sent. All candidates must complete our full selection process, which includes acceptance into the teacher pool before engaging principals. Once candidates have completed our full selection process, principals will have access to your information.
Every candidate will receive a response from the Fort Worth ISD. You will be contacted through email, as this is our primary method of communication. Fort Worth ISD will not be able to contact you if your contact information is inaccurate. Please verify and update your information as needed
. Candidates who meet our standards will proceed to the next step in the selection process.