Support Staff/Special Education Assistant
Park View School
2.Accompanies the student(s) to whom assigned between classes,in and around school building.
3. With supervision, assists team with modifying and adaptinginstructional materials andentering data into computer.
4. Maintains (at all times) confidential nature of placement data,psychological reports, and, any and all information regardingtesting, placement and status of students.
5. Assists with implementation of positive behavior supports.
6. Monitors/Supervise students during assigned periods within a variety of schoolenvironments forthe purpose
of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment
7. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in the teaching of special
education population; ability to maintain files and information; skill in the use of classroom
and instructional equipment; ability to operate audio visual, standard office, google and data
processing equipment; ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with teachers, parents, students, and administrators.
A college degree is required, education degree preferable
A paraprofessional license is required.
Benefits are available