Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a member of the Immediate Solutions team, this position is primarily responsible for managing and coordinating work flow to ensure service standards are met.
- Gathering first notice of loss information received via phone, fax, mail or internet and responding to inquiries relating to policy, claim status and branch information. This individual is viewed as a strong technical resource for the department and has additional responsibilities.
- Communicate and distribute work efficiently and equitably across the unit, demonstrating problem solving skills, teamwork, positive behavior and flexibility. Establish and maintain a plan for coverage of job functions when team members are in meetings, training or out of the office.
- Manage and prioritize incoming work ensuring items are processed within all service goals.
- Recognize, prioritize and escalate severe claims according to escalation guidelines. Utilize Escalation Directory and Procedure as required and may serve as a technical resource to the junior members of the team.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of department functions, workflows and technology by performing New Hire training, managing inquiries, Helpline requests, and working independently on and successfully completing individual projects.
- Contribute to an environment of continuous improvement by offering ideas and suggestions to ensure the level of service provided to customers meets or exceeds their expectations as well as to help develop more efficient workflows. Offers ideas and suggestions to improve service. Implement and assist others in the implementation of new workflows and assumes responsibility for new customer service procedures.
- Identify, track and report system problems providing status to Call Center staff.
- Complete and distribute daily, weekly and monthly reports to the departments’ leadership team. Proactively report trends and/or service issues to the management team to ensure service levels to our customers and business partners are not impacted.
- Create and maintain training materials and documents and work flow tools. Manage the accuracy and completeness of New Hire Training and other reference materials on Share Point.
- Respond to status and inquiry calls from customers regarding policy and limited coverage information. Appropriately transfer calls without inconveniencing the customer. Effectively uses Claims Workstation notes to answer advanced customer inquiries and document call situations.
- Promptly and courteously answer all calls received via the 1-800 # from insureds, claimants, and agents. Gather loss information in a timely manner and complete out bound calls as necessary to properly complete the FNOL entry process.
- Accurately enter complex first notice of loss information into the electronic Call Center application, identifying those claims which require immediate adjuster or supervisor attention.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced PC and keyboard navigation skills, including knowledge of Windows operating environment, Lotus Notes, Outlook, Internet
- Advanced knowledge of Call Center systems and workflow.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effectively work in a team environment by collaboration and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions
- Advanced knowledge of policy coverage, gained through attendance at one or more line of business – specific adjuster training classes
- Is recognized as a subject matter expert for all LOBs, acting as a resource for other team members and claim settling staff.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum two years as a Senior CSR or equivalent experience preferred.
- College degree preferred but not required.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.