* Perform pre-operational inspections in assigned area to ensure equipment set up/tools/materials are acceptable prior to production start up.
* Follow established staffing schedule to ensure crewing standards are adhered to; consult with Supervisor on staffing discrepancies or adjustments.
* Ensure that all employees in assigned area are adequately trained on their respective positions, have received instruction on safe work practices and are working in compliance with established Safe Quality Foods/Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines.
* Verify Lot Code information against QA "Daily lot code information sheet" provided by your supervisor.
* Ensure all product transfer belts are running and clean prior to product arriving to packaging machines.
* Set and adjust machine controls according to established Standard Operating Conditions.
* Start machinery prior to shift, and perform minor machine adjustments to ensure that the product is being packaged according to specifications.
* Conduct product weight checks every 15 minutes as directed by QA throughout the shift.
* Assist Packaging staff as necessary and relieve for breaks.
* Compile all down time information relative to the line and to the packaging machines and submit to supervisor at the end of the shift.
* Keep area clean and free of congestion, managing material containers and product overflow.
* Prevent any and all product from falling on the floor.
* Assist with other duties as directed by supervision or management.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* Education equivalent to completion of High School
* English speaking or bi-lingual
* Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image
* 1 - 2 years of manufacturing experience operating a machine
* Must have a working knowledge of established food safety regulations and good manufacturing practices, high-speed packaging operations and the ability to differentiate product or materials lot codes and an ability to count carton and case quantities, or material usage requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled