At Klover California Cannabis we will always do whatever it takes to not only give our guests the greatest Cannabis experience they have ever had but also the best retail experience they have ever had. Klover will always curate a menu of only the finest products that we proudly stand behind. Our knowledgeable associates will couture each guest experience tailored to each individuals desired preference. We will not only separate ourselves from all other Cannabis retail & delivery services by providing the finest products in a comfortable, welcoming & fun ambiance but most importantly our service & warm hospitality will be what brings our guests back time & time again.
Klover is now building its Team Lead/Supervisor team and looking for the best people to help us create San Diego’s Finest Cannabis Club and lead its team. We are looking for proven leaders that will provide our guests with a hospitable, service-oriented experience that caters to both locals and visitors. If you are the type of person who leads by example, lifts the spirits of all those around you and are the hardest worker in the room than send us your resume
Title: Team Lead/Supervisor
As a highly visible member of the property’s Leadership Team, the Team Lead/Supervisor serves as a key liaison for guests and functions as a right hand to the General Manager/Assistant General Manager/Management Team/Executive Team, while concurrently supporting Klover operations and other operating departments such as, Sales and Inventory. They will serve as a role model for Klover mission, vision and values, and will work in a hands-on capacity to maximize the overall efficiency and profitability of the business.
Working in close partnership with other department heads, the Team Lead/Supervisor is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to the facility’s day-to-day operations and for creating an energized and positive work environment that results in the delivery of exceptional guest service.
• Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of Klover facilities, services and amenities.
• Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives.
• Oversee Klover administrative processes such as staffing, training and budgeting/finance to ensure proper planning and organization.
• Support the facility’s sales and business strategies to maximize revenue and profitability.
• Partner with GM/AGM/Management Team/Executive Team to create a positive work environment; serve as a support resource for front line staff in all departments.
• Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact, to include pre-arrival, check-in, in-store, point of sale, delivery, complaints, returns, and events.
• Plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume.
• Drive effective communication across all departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and understanding of objectives and priorities.
• Address and respond to guest comments and feedback.
• Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
• Approve and process vendor invoices, complete bank deposits, audit cash banks and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary.
• Maintain the integrity of the business compliance with the company’s safety and security program and ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
• Implement operational rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Supervise and direct the activities of sales team
• Implement company policies and ensure staff adheres to best practices
• Lead and inspire staff to deliver the highest level of customer service and satisfaction
• Ensure compliance with applicable local, state/provincial, and federal laws and regulations
• Assist with customer service and ensure customer satisfaction
• Liaise with law enforcement, vendors, landlords, and local community as needed
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of all strains and products in store inventory as well as industry-
wide product and trend knowledge
• Assist in employee performance reviews
• Cannabis retail experience preferred
• Associate degree or two years’ supervisor experience
• Retail management experience preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Strong time management skills
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID
• Must pass any and all required background checks
• Must possess current state cannabis worker license or permit (if applicable)