As a Team Lead Sous Chef, in Food Services at Children’s Health, you will be primarily responsible for one area, such as Production, Retail, Patient Services or general operations, but is required to be knowledgeable and supporting in all areas. All Team Leaders are responsible for training and leading a group of employees
As a warm, caring person who will act as a Lead Sous Chef, The Team Leader is responsible for preparation and design of all food menus. Food prepared should be of good quality and taste. This position should also be skilled in plate design for special events; ensures front of house operations are running smoothly with emphasis on customer satisfaction and food safety practices.
SHIFT: Day shifts with rotating days off.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- The Team Leader also needs to be comfortable with cash handling situations and service recovery.;
- Team Leader is responsible for following food safety practices while ensuring customer and patient satisfaction;
- The Team Leader needs to be knowledgeable in various diets and ordering system in order to troubleshoot or improve services provided and effectiveness in service recovery;
- Fill in for Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary;
- Identifies areas of risk/problems advises food service leadership; Works on resolution while keeping leadership informed; Staff evaluations/conflict resolution/development/reprimand ;
- Ongoing and initial training of staff to ensure competency;
- Order food and sanitation supplies as needed for production operations; and
- Mathematical and analytical skills to oversee and make recommendations to budget/cost control/financial reports and other analytical reporting.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years of food service experience and 3 years leadership food service experience
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED, additional training beyond high school
Licenses and Certifications
- ACF (American Culinary Federation/Texas Chefs Assn.) preferred
- CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) preferred
- Food Service Manager Certification or state equivalent within six (6) months from date of hire required
Children’s Health values the role each member of our team plays in helping us make life better for children. We employ more than 7,500 people and provide rewarding career opportunities that help them reach their highest potential.
We also hold Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence, we serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and we are widely recognized for delivering high quality care.
Children’s Health has also been named one of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Healthcare for nine consecutive years.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Children’s Health offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for learning and career development. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, and our team members have a voice in their work through surveys and town halls.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Activation Date: Friday, November 20, 2020
Expiration Date: Monday, February 1, 2021