Serves as the lead in the management, control, and distribution of hardware and software description assets, as well as providing guidance and subject matter expertise in the processes and procedures required to maintain robust configuration records and traceability throughout hardware and software lifecycles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining configuration and data management policies and procedures across multiple teams and projects.
- Assures adherence to company and customer baseline requirements throughout hardware and software lifecycles.
- Maintains version control and traceability of all manufacturing documents, engineering specifications, technical documents and quality records.
- Facilitates or oversees the team’s facilitation of the Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), as required.
- Ensures proper and timely submissions of Engineering Changes, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other associated configuration management documentation.
- Maintains configuration control databases and provides status accounting of engineering changes to IPTs and program management.
- Performs ‘As-Designed/As-Built’ reconciliation.
- Establishes baseline identification of products through release of specifications, drawings, and requirements flow-down.
- Submits contract data requirements and other transmittals to government customer.
- Supports the development of managerial, financial and technical proposal volumes.
- Summarizes and communicates contract requirements/amendments to program management and IPTs (including FARs / DFARs).
- Assists supply chain management with the development and maintenance of vendor subcontracts and flow-downs of Configuration and Data Management requirements.
- Provides periodic reporting of key performance indicators for configuration and data management processes to executive management.
- Assists management to coach team members to ensure personal and department performance expectations are met, and to promote effective communication. Consults with management on performance issues and staffing requirements. Provides input to management regarding performance appraisals with subordinates.
- Ensures department personnel follow safety procedures.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Detailed understanding and application of technical documentation and engineering change proposal processes and practices.
- Knowledge of configuration and data management practices.
- Ability to analyze product definition configuration data and select, define, and plan incorporation of configuration changes.
- Ability to verify that configuration documentation is compliant with applicable requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 8 years directly related experience.
- Prefer experience in leading direct reports.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Up to 5% - May be required between other KUAS locations and customer sites.