About Promotion in Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM):
We are one of North America’s premier makers of fruit snacks, confections and other treats. Ranked amongst the top 50 on Candy Industry Magazine’s “Global Top 100” confectionery companies in the world. PIM has also been named as one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group and IRI, for the fourth time in six years to receive this recognition.
At PIM our goal is simple: We delight consumers with delicious, high quality snacks and confections. Our commitment is to develop, manufacture and market the highest quality products in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner. We put consumers at the core of what we do and are continually looking to improve our people, knowledge, processes and technologies to accomplish this.
- Primary responsibilities are to assist the Maintenance Manager, through the supervision of the skilled trades mechanics, to keep the manufacturing facility and all production processes mechanically operating at maximum rated capacity and producing quality products in a cost effective manner
- This involves the installation, repair, maintenance and trouble shooting of all machinery, tools and mechanical systems
- Oversees and directs the speed of repairs to minimize downtime, minimizes the use of labor and parts, removes glitches in start-up, and addresses problems pro-actively
- Interfaces with plant management, shift supervisors, engineering, warehouse production and packaging supervisors and QA/QC personnel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures speed of repairs, minimizes downtime, limits labor usage, avoids start-up glitches, promotes safety, provides staff training and addresses problems in a pro-active way
- Oversees and maintains preventive maintenance programs
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Conducts regular assessment of facility needs, improvements and repairs and routinely inspects operating machinery, equipment and supporting systems
- Maintains and repair machinery, equipment, systems and mechanized vehicles
- Ensures production operations by setting work priorities, supervising and assisting with repairs and maintenance schedules, installation of machinery and equipment
- Provides emergency response including equipment repair, situation stabilization and the mobilizing of resources as needed
- Directs staff on projects, tasks and assignments within cost and time budgets, and on schedule
- Provides staff training and development
- Evaluates work and performance
- Ensures safe work practices and ensures a safe work environment
- Oversees and supervises assignments and work performed by the mechanics
- Verifies and ensures the documentation of all repair records, preventive maintenance records and logs all filters and replacement parts
- Develops new tools and techniques to improve monitoring and performance of machinery, equipment and maintenance staff
- Oversees and monitors the scheduling and safe use of all shop equipment, and that they are in good working order
- Maintains log of all maintenance orders
- Resolves maintenance problems and issues by working closely with plant management and supervisors, and QA/QC
- Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning staff, monitors and ensures performance for maximum efficiency and effectiveness and follows up on results and completed tasks
- Works closely with plant management and the production staff to ensure that production schedules and needs can be met because production machinery is operational
- Responsible for staff working in a safe manner and that workplace safety issues are addressed and corrected
- Provides training for staff
- Thoroughly familiar with physical plant services
- Attends and participates in production meetings as the Mechanical manager's designee
- Monitors and minimizes down time, identifies and advocates for improvement opportunities
- Ensures that maintenance to all equipment is completed and complies with customer specifications, and ensures that food safety and quality are not jeopardized by complying with all GMP and HAACP Guidelines as well as SOPs
- Ensures maintenance of equipment complies with desired processing rates
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Inspires and motivates the team through a lively and engaging management style and care for people.
- Builds an empowered, engaged, and high performing team by hiring top talent and developing people. A coach and mentor who seeks to share knowledge and grow talent across the organization-your team will want to follow you.
- Creates development experiences that will grow next generation leaders.
- Ensures focus and accountability, facilitates collaboration, continuous improvement, and achievement of results. Execute strategies that deliver goals with a commitment to excellence and dissatisfaction for the status quo.
- Strong vision and focus on where to take the business coupled with the courage, drive, and discipline to execute.
- Intellectual, financial, and analytical horsepower with ability to apply problem solving techniques and take on business challenges.
- Demonstrate personal and professional values, being a role model & positive influence on those around him/her. Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and character. Brings out the best in others by these qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to hire top talent and build talented, engaged, and high performing teams.
- and, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people, including building high levels of trust and commitment.
- Strong record of achievement demonstrating leadership capabilities.
- Self-motivated and bias for action.
- Approachable, authentic and genuine.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. Will work around machinery with moving parts When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred
- 5 years experience working with manufacturing equipment preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge in operation and maintenance of facility management services, steam generators, refrigeration, air conditioning, generators, blue print reading and equipment maintenance
- Must possess knowledge of OSHA requirements and Confined Space/Lock-Out Tag-Out requirements
- Must be computer literate with office, technical and parts and maintenance software packages
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures in a food manufacturing environment
- Willing to be trained
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required
What We Offer:
We invite you to come and build a SWEET career at PIM. Our entrepreneurial environment is perfect for action-oriented individuals who enjoy a non-bureaucratic structure. Make an immediate and lasting impact while helping to grow our iconic brands.
PIM offers competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits for which each Associate is eligible on their first day of employment.
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, vision care, flexible spending accounts for you and your dependents
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time-off including sick/personal days, vacation, and company holidays
- Wellness Programs
- Scholarship Program
- Commuter Plan
Our Key Principles:
- Put Consumers First: Understand consumers and address their needs and desires.
- Accessible: We strive to make our brands available in traditional retail and online – anywhere consumers want to find them.
- Transparency: Be open and honest about our products, ingredients, how we make them and label them.
- Responsibility: We do not advertise on any media outlets aimed at children under age 13 and have signed an industry commitment to abide by this standard.
- Community: We partner with local and national organizations on strategic initiatives to help our communities thrive.
- Fun and Goodness: At the end of the day, we make snacks and treats that bring joy and goodness to peoples’ lives.
Life at PIM:
We believe to our core that our true competitive advantage is talented Associates who share our values and our passion for the business.
A lot of companies talk about being entrepreneurial. At PIM, we live it every day. Associates are empowered to make decisions and bureaucracy is kept to a minimum.
Attracting, selecting, and developing top talent is what differentiates us from the competition.
You can make an immediate and lasting contribution to help grow our iconic snacking and confectionery brands, no matter your area of expertise.
We are a privately held mid-sized, global company with limited bureaucracy, committed to investing in the business.
Be part of a fast-paced environment that provides challenging opportunities to learn and grow your career. We recognize and reward achievement and foster great teamwork through collaborative and strong relationships with colleagues.
Enjoy your work and be part of a fun team and industry.
Somerset, New Jersey:
Located within Franklin Township in central New Jersey, Somerset a beautiful and friendly suburb of New York City and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. Somerset is conveniently located minutes away from Interstate 287 and the New Jersey Turnpike.
PIM is an equal opportunity employer, and an e-verify employer.
Maintenance Group Leader