Bain & Company is recognized as one of the top international management consultancy firms. We assist major corporations worldwide with strategy formulation, acquisitions, organizational design and performance improvement. Bain & Company is consistently ranked in the top 10 of best places to work.
The Team Leader, Regional Graphics will lead a graphics operation team (typically at least 6 team members) and manage related workflows within approved budget. The Team Leader is responsible for the team’s service levels (quality, productivity) and professional development. *****This position will support our designers and promote excellence during the regional team’s second shift, 11:30am-8:30pm.*****
In addition to his/her leadership role, the Graphics Team Leader is expected to have an allocation of his/her time dedicated to providing graphics services to supported offices (typically at least 50% allocation, but may vary according to team size).
Key performance indicators will include:
- Net Promoted Score© on graphics services delivered in the region
- % utilized capacity and cost management
- Graphics employee WWES scores and attrition rate
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Graphics Service Delivery
- Monitor service levels and NPS for the team and drive execution of action plans, when required.
- Chair and lead regular team meetings and provide two-way communication between the team and the Graphics Regional Manager.
- Drive a high performance customer centric service culture within the team, ensuring understanding and application of Graphics Standards, Professional Standards, Operating Principles and Best Demonstrated Practices.
- Set-up and monitor quality control processes to ensure “zero-defect” attitude for team operations.
- Troubleshoot issues involving graphics service and graphics staff, and handle escalations as needed.
- Continuously improve processes and drive improvement initiatives.
- Deliver high quality graphics services on assigned work.
Resource Planning and Management
- Regularly assess workload and run efficiency/productivity improvement initiatives, where necessary.
- Recommend paid overtime decisions, when needed, in accordance with office policies.
- Participate in recruiting process and hiring decisions.
- Oversee on-boarding for new hires.
- Manage execution of training plans for team members, and monitor quality of trainings.
- Provide on-going timely feedback. Act as coach to team members and manage team performance.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with team members on a regular basis, to review skill plans and track progression.
- Drive annual review process for team members.
- Initiate knowledge and experience sharing sessions.
- Contribute to global/regional standards and strategies and advise on layout, design, and technical solutions available to maximize visual impact across the Bain spectrum of design
- Liaise with Creative Lead on high-stakes speaker-driven projects, related specifically to resource and capacity management.
- Take an active role in implementation of departmental or regional/global initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; a Graphics/Design related degree is preferred
- 6+ years graphics experience in a comparable corporate environment
- Supervisory experience and work flow management experience
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office
- High level proficiency in graphics tools
- Excellent communications skills
- Interest in developing technologies and application within a corporate environment is essential
- Outstanding professional customer service attitude
- Effective decision maker. Resourceful with aptitude for practical and innovative problem solving and processes improvement for the benefit of organization
- Strong work ethic, ownership and responsibility for achieving results
- Detail oriented, quality first attitude with proactive approach to skill development
- High level team organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Team oriented with ability to work autonomously
- High level management and leadership skills; ability to support, develop, coach and mentor others, including through a confident and systematic approach to giving and receiving feedback