Genuent is hiring a Sr. Python Developer for our direct client in The Woodlands, TX. This is a Long Term Contract with a tentative start date. Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word format) to Mark Ahrenholtz at MAhrenholtz@genuent.com
- The liaison joins an existing prototype development team, assisting them to identify gaps between the prototype as developed and the required production end state.
- The liaison does hands-on development to enhance the prototype and integrate it with the production environments and systems.
- Essentially, the liaison is a member of two teams: the prototype team, and the production readiness team, and facilitates work across both teams.
- The prototype teams integrate machine-learning into petro- and geophysical workflows, and are based in Houston.
- The production readiness team enhances these prototypes to be scalable, usable, secure, and maintainable, and works with the business to integrate them into their day-to-day workflow.
- Senior level development skills in Python, including practitioner-level comfort with unit testing, deployment, object-oriented design, and enterprise scale development patterns. Machine learning, geophysics, or dev ops experience is a plus, but not required.
- Very strong collaboration skills: can work effectively with data scientists, developers, dev ops, business team members, and IT
- Python (and Java familiarity a plus)
- Excellent work-item tracking habits
- GitLab, including CI / CD
- Basic remote deployment skills: docker, GCP, PCF and similar technologies