Company & Culture: El Pollo Loco, Inc.
Preparing "perfect pollo" doesn't just happen by accident. Grilling perfect chicken is truly an art and takes a dedicated Cook who is dependable and eager to learn. We call our Cooks "Grill Masters" for good reason - they become certified masters at fire-grilling chicken that's beautifully crisp and golden on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside.Requirements (our ideal candidates will possess):
- Experience: No prior experience is required, but one or more years of restaurant cooking experience is preferred.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred.
- Communication: Ability to speak and read English is preferred (second language is a plus). Ability to communicate effectively with external customers required.
- Competencies: Kitchen, time-management, and customer service skills are preferred
- Food Handler Card: A food handler card required where applicable
- Physical Demands: The Cook regularly stands, talks, hears, uses close and distance vision, tastes or smells and repetitively uses their hands to reach/handle/feel/grasp objects. The position occasionally stoops/kneels/crouches/crawls and may lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Work Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time hours available.
- Career Advancement/Career Plan: We promote heavily from within, so from a Crew Member you can develop to become a Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, General Manager, and beyond!
- Work Attire: EPL logo'd shirt will be provided, black pants or jeans and no-slip shoes required
- Position valid thru: Dec 31, 2018
If you're interested in firing up the grills, we'll provide the hands-on training to help you succeed! This is a job you can take pride in and gain the grilling expertise which put El Pollo Loco on the map more than 30 years ago.
We offer eligible Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
- Flexible Scheduling: Full-Time or Part-Time
- Meal Discounts
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- 401K with Matching
El Pollo Loco is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.