Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Technical Assist with quality assurance of Plant Maintenance work completed by ATS/Contractors (HFC and FTTx). Supports efforts to standardize policies & procedures for the Network Operation preventative maintenance teams. Works closely with Network Operations teams throughout ATS and AlticeUSA to ensure that all required rules and regulations of any regulatory agencies are adhered to. Through random system visits, perform testing on the INSIDE PLANT distribution network, and external plant to ensure compliance to all AlticeUSA, FCC, PSC and local regulator's technical standards. Review all policies and procedures (Inside Plant, Outside Plant & Field Service) in the overall maintenance & performance of the distribution network and cable plant. Drafts reports providing feedback to management related to field results. Provides support to Compliance management group regarding automated testing. Work with Network Operations technicians to develop process that strengthen Plant Maintenance processes and procedures.
Perform random system inspections & testing verifying compliance to local government regulations, FCC & AlticeUSA technical standards and all FCC Public Files are complete and compliant.
Perform Quality Control inspections of Plant Maintenance completed work by ATS/Contractors.
Poses a working knowledge of Work Force Management programs for both Field Service, Outside Plant.
Perform tests as required on equipment using signal level meters, sweep analyzer, voltage OHM meter, spectrum analyzer, optical TDR and other related test equipment to ensure compliance with SCC, PSC, FCC and AlticeUSA specifications:
Semi-annual system proof of performance Validation
FCC CLI 320 data collection and Q/C of repairs reported
Public File inspections
Hot Ground inspections
Must be proficient in the setup, troubleshooting and use of all Outside Plant troubleshooting tools
- Monitor, Test and repair CLI & Ingress monitoring tools (Arcom, Effigis and ComSonics)
- Monitor and Repair RPM equipment systems (VeSion & PathTrak)
- Demonstrate proficiency in operating fulfilment and Maintenance meters (VeEX, JDSU, Trilithic, etc).
- Perform & review all field operational policies & procedures relating to Network Operations maintenance Recommends changes to preventative maintenance procedures. Assists in the development of new procedures and testing processes as required.
- Perform all administrative tasks through use of appropriate company documentation relating to the maintenance and repair of cable plant and system components by ensuring documentation is completed in a full and accurate manner. Provides detailed reports on System Performance and overall health of the plant.
- Responsible for interfacing with other AlticeUSA departments as required and necessary, for the ultimate purpose of ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Possesses the ability to perform as a mentor/trainer, assist in developing and refining the knowledge and skill levels of the field operational groups throughout the AlticeUSA
- Responsible for special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the testing of all telecommunication equipment from the Head end to the subscriber terminal device including television, telephone and computer, using the appropriate test equipment.
- Possesses understanding of fiber design principals in a manner that ensures a high level of operational efficiency.
- Meet company standards pertaining to quality of work performed on an ongoing
- Responsible for performing all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all AlticeUSA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all work-related equipment and vehicles are utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner. Responsible for ensuring all work-related tasks are performed in a manner that is in compliance with OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- High level of proficiency in the use of computers, to include but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Needs to be available to participate in a flexible work schedule and have the availability to report to various locations as business needs require.
- The flexibility and availability to cover standby and support storm restoration throughout the AlticeUSA footprint as needed is a must.
- Act as a liaison between AlticeUSA and ATS
- Minimum of 24 months of Maintenance / Outside Plant experience or equivalent knowledge strongly preferred.
- Must have complex knowledge of CATV aerial and underground construction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of construction specifications and HFC architecture.
- Ability to pass DOT driver, application, and medical examination requirements.
- Must have a basic understanding of AC/DC theory, the National Electric Code and the National Safety Code.
- High proficient in systems electronics and PC telecommunication software.
- High proficient in troubleshooting in-house telephony wiring and customer premise equipment.
- Must have excellent communication skills with proven abilities in fostering relationships within department and across functional groups.
- Must have expertise in customer service and recovery.
- Must be able to demonstrate positive leadership skills.
- Must have prior experience in the mentoring and training of less experienced technicians.
- Must regularly demonstrate reliability.
- Must be flexible in taking on multiple and varied assignments.
- Prior record of exceeding expectations is desired.
- Ability to use judgment & make independent decisions
Employee must consistently demonstrate competency in this job grade for a minimum of 24 months before being considered for promotion to a higher job grade.
- Progression to the next position level will depend on posting for an open position and being selected for promotion.