The Technical Business Analyst supports the Business Units by resolving issues around the Business Enterprise Applications. Acting as a liaison between the System and the end-customer, the Technical Business Analyst understands the system, data, and applications and helps the users and end customers by analyzing the issues and by developing technical solutions.
1. Speaks and understands the language of our Business when communicating with Business Users, and the technical language of our Enterprise Applications when communicating with Developers and Testers.
2. Establishes and maintain a positive relationship with customers, internal and external, to ensure that appropriate services are developed to meet their needs.
3. Provide support for software, hardware, and operating system issues, including researching, testing and communicating potential solutions for clients. Should be able to understand the process of escalating issues to the next level of support (other groups within Technology Services) as appropriate as and when needed.
4. Propose changes for system impacts and suggests alternatives. This may include changes to current processes, applications, file layouts, and web services.
5. Work with the team supervisor to assure adherence to standards and policies. Follow, develop and implement standardized processes and procedures by identifying best practices and gaining consensus to establish best practices as the standard.
6. Attends and engages in daily standup meetings along with other agile team ceremonies.
7. Should be well versed with extracting data from databases by creating new, or altering existing, basic to complex SQL queries. The data will be used to analyze issues, when developing solutions, and for testing and verification of results.
8. Expected to be familiar with testing processes to create and document test cases to help support the development teams when needed.
9. Constantly looks for ways to improve processes and discuss issues, all in order to deliver better value to the customer.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in computer science or computer information systems. Five years' related work experience in an application and systems development environment, trouble shooting, triaging open systems applications. Insurance domain knowledge highly preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Should be strong at analyzing and resolving problems. Experience creating, altering, and running SQL queries. Knowledge on Object Oriented programming is preferred. Basic working knowledge of web services (REST or SOAP). Ability to review software changes and determine system impact. Experience with incident/support ticketing systems and process workflow. The ability to be flexible in a fast paced and active work environment. Good communication skills in order to effectively interact with internal and external customers.?
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178