New Iron is seeking a senior engineer to join a high-performing NW Austin product company building out their professional services team. Our client is working in cutting-edge data analytics and artificial intelligence for Fortune 500 clients.
About the job:
- The target compensation for this position is up to 160k / year.
- The ideal candidate will have strong REST development skills and a proven track record interacting with external clients. You must also have the ability to work with the internal Product and Engineering teams to help improve the company’s core product.
- You will be responsible for working to integrate the existing application of external clients with your new employer’s data as a service application. You will work directly with end customer development teams to implement bindings to and consumption of your new employer’s product via an externally-facing REST API.
- External clients will be responsible for choosing their implementation language, so you should have strong development skills in at least one (Java, C#, Python) if not many languages.
- Define and develop new solution features ensuring a high performance DaaS integration
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation features
- including interfaces/contracts with storage system, data transformation
- Work directly with client technical teams to implement integrations
- Contributing ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity and code quality.
- Hands-on expertise developing applications to consume a DaaS REST API.
- Strong design and architectural skills. E.g., could you ace an OOA&D based interview? Or explain the difference between an OO and Functional problem decomposition?
- Experience working with distributed transactions.
- Experience combining transactional data with web, social and mobile data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You should have the ability to communicate complex information to non-technical stakeholders in relevant business terms
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation especially in distributed and cloud environments
This is a direct hire position located in Austin, Texas. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.