Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment, where you can make a difference? Smithfield Foods, one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values each individual’s creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
The Tech Lead (Enterprise Engineer) for Order-to-Cash with Sales/Distribution (OTC-SD) is a strong leader with experience in implementing and facilitating the company’s order management and fulfillment processes. This role is an advocate of continuous improvements and industry recognized best practices. The position plays a vital role with sales and supply chain processes, providing high quality solutions into production environments. A successful candidate will drive business best practices and standardization across the organization to best serve the company.
- Lead the technical effort in support, design, and development with our Sales/Order Management system needs for the Order Management and Fulfillment operations.
- Utilize project management skills to ensure OTC-SD work streams are properly identified and prioritized, resources utilized, timelines met and provide consistent status updates.
- Work with multi-language/multi-currency solutions and processes for global support.
- Work with reporting tools SAP Business Objects, Power BI and Cloud data warehouse platforms.
- Partner with the OTC-SD Business and Functional IT groups regarding acquisition implementations, system enhancements upgrade and road mapping.
- Drive the Order-to-Cash & Sales/Distribution business processes, identify automation, improvements, and drive efficiency.
- Identify process efficiencies, recommend innovative uses of software functionality, design and implement solutions.
- Drive awareness training/skills development of the OTC-SD systems to other areas of IT and business departments.
- Provide direction on application maintenance, troubleshooting and support including corrections for production issues, recommendations for improvement and coordination with other IT Support groups for problem resolution.
- Partner with IT&T groups in Integration, e-Commerce and related technologies to provide effective OTC-SD solutions to serve Smithfield’s consumer products growth strategy.
- Provide guidance to our service partners with technical expertise in the key OTC-SD areas:
- Organizational Structure, Sales areas, Reporting/organizational design
- Document Management: Sales Orders; Quotations, Deliveries, Shipping, Billing
- Pricing Design: Conditions, Types, Sequences, Procedures, Special rules/processes
- Document Flow: Integration/eCommerce, Workflow, incompletion/monitoring procedures
- Document Outputs: Output types, output determination
- Master Data: Business Partners, Pricing
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology or related field and 5 + years of IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required.
- 8+ years of experience in progressive IT roles, preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) module experience, required
- Experience with other ERP solutions (Ex: Oracle, JDE) is a plus.
- Experience in Meat, Food or other consumer product industries strongly preferred.
- Strong background in problem determination/solution design.
- Experience with design prototyping/testing automation solution is a plus.
- Great team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple project deliverables.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Travel Required, up to 25% of the time.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may act as a mentor by providing training and guidance to less experienced Tech Analysts.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.