Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Tech Lead, Software Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies' IT Digital Customer Experience team has a need for a Technical Lead. This role will be an individual contributor responsible for delivering projects that pertain to the Digital Marketing and eCommerce/Grocery Delivery business functions. The candidate will work closely with the IT Director of Digital Customer Experience, and partner with its peer development team members, other cross-functional IT teams, business stakeholders and leadership team distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton CA, Phoenix, AZ and Manila, Philippines.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide expertise and design solutions for consumer facing web applications as well as system integration with internal systems and with external vendors
* Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions
* Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs
* Work with scrum masters, product owners, UI developers, back-end developers QA engineers and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
* Communicate solution approaches to enterprise architects, project teams, leadership and other stakeholders
* Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like Cloud, APIs, IoT, Mobile, Social and Big Data.
* Works with Solution Architects and Engineers to identify and mitigate architectural risks and issues across programs and projects.
* Ensures that the solution architecture and design align with the Target Architecture for the project.
* Ensuring adherence to architecture standards and processes.
* Ensuring that the solution meets the functional and non-functional requirements approved by the business.
* Leverages existing and participates in the creation and augmentation of new and existing reusable service components and patterns.
* Defines the structure of systems, their interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation.
* Write technical requirements, stories, task break-up at the right level
* Ensures Integration Requirements & Designs are supported by standard Safeway Development Patterns and if required augments them if new patterns emerge.
* Defines and supports reusable application components from a business and technology perspective.
* Contributor to application development principles and patterns.
* Partners with Enterprise, Application, and other Lead Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solutions architectures.
* Able to provide coding and technical direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
* Lead projects, provide technical leadership, coach and mentor team members
* 4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
* 9 years of hands-on programming and integration experience (Java, J2EE/Spring, SOAP and/or REST APIs)
* Significant experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is required
* Experience in Microsoft Azure, or AWS, Pivotal, DevOps and CI/CD tools and processes is required
* Experience in No-SQL and in-memory DB (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis...) is strongly preferred, but not required
* Experience in high-performance and high-frequency data streaming (using Kafka, Storm etc.) and handling large volume of batch data (using ETL technologies) is strongly preferred, but not required
* Experience in the e-commerce domain, with deep understanding of product search and browse, catalog and master data management, pertaining to Retail/Grocery industry is preferred, but not required
* Experience in Jira, Confluence is strongly preferred, but not required
* Strong understanding of design patterns and best practices.
* Strong emphasis on Testing, Quality and Automation
* Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation.
* Ability to mentor and guide development team members.
* Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented attitude.
* Strong experience building consumer facing solutions and building applications on the public cloud
* Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of high volume Internet applications
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills
* Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
* Ability to define solutions from very high level business ideas
* Ability to work independently
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled