IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers as well as the opportunity for development and advancement. We are all bound by a commitment to a shared pursuit of goals and providing the highest quality service within our industry.
Tech Services Representative
Insulation Distributors, Inc. is seeking a dependable Tech Services Representative to join our IDI team. As a Tech Services Representative at Insulation Distributors, you will be responsible for training current and potential customers on spray foam application, new equipment commissioning, performing repairs and warranties, and making insightful recommendations to help our customers succeed and convert new business.
- Assist IDI Sales Representatives in informing prospects and customers about IDI's spray foam products including Graco parts, spray foam rigs and spray foam accessories
- Educate customers in the following areas; industry standards on health and safety, chemical processing, job site efficiency, new equipment training, warranties for equipment, and basic understanding of building codes and building science.
- Perform repairs within IDI's scope of service
- Provide ordering information to customers when equipment recommendations are made
- Instruct customers on proper application techniques for spray polyurethane foam
Tech Services Representative Job Qualifications:
As a Tech Services Representative for Insulation Distributors, you must have a professional, customer-focused attitude as well as the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team. You must also be able to work effectively with diverse groups of people and handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
Required Job Qualifications:
- 80% travel required
- Must be mechanically inclined with basic engine repair, spray foam application equipment and basic electrical knowledge
- General knowledge of code approved building practices with an emphasis in building envelope, spray foam and fiberglass insulation
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word & Excel
Tech Services Representative Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of equivalent experience
- Experience either in school or by trade in engine repair, Construction/Building science and/or electrical work
Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.
Since 1979, Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with 50 locations nationwide. IDI is a family-owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiberglass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.