Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Being a TechSmithie allows you to work creatively to solve real problems for people and businesses in an innovative and collaborative environment. We are a home-grown, mid-sized company that has achieved global success. We deliver screen capture and video creation software, including Snagit, Camtasia, and Knowmia, to over 30 million professionals, from individuals to Fortune 500 Companies.
This doesn't happen accidentally. Through employee investment and professional development, we continually prioritize our talent to make sure things are done right. From interns to senior leaders, we work side-by-side to make transparent company decisions, strive for continuous improvement, and live by our values of empowerment, inclusivity, integrity, and respect that we embody as a company.
With amazing products and people, we look for fun and talented individuals who are passionate about working on the bleeding edge of technology. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Are you the person your friends go to for help with their technical problems? Do you have a passion for technology? Do you pride yourself on good communication skills and excellent customer service? TechSmith aims to provide world-class technical support. You would provide front-line written and phone technical support for TechSmith customers. We connect with customers through our support system, e-mail, chat support and phone. In order to fully delight our customers, you must be calm, patient and customer-oriented, with the primary goal of customer satisfaction. We need a team player that is both detail-oriented and self-motivated. If you have this unique blend of qualities and are looking to join a world-class technical support team, we want to hear from you.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Support all TechSmith products on Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Train customers how to use TechSmith products
- Interact with customers in a professional manner, using a consultative approach, to gather information on specific issues to solve their problems
- Reproduce and diagnose problems
- Primarily connect with customers over the phone, but also chat, email and other methods as needed.
- Provide feedback to product development teams and Quality Assurance
- Handle multiple customer issues in a timely fashion
- Track all customer issues in the support system
- Document workarounds and solutions for customer problems
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background:
- Solid problem solving and research skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a proficient typist
- One-year help desk experience
- Windows multimedia/graphics application experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of Windows OS and general computer knowledge
- Associates degree or equivalent related work experience
Preferred Skills and Background:
- QA experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of MAC OS a plus
- Networking skills a plus
Compensation and Perks:
At TechSmith, we love our employees and are always looking for ways to reward outstanding performance. Our compensation is competitive and based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer you a unique and growing company culture where you can enjoy your work and advance your career. We wear jeans, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements.
TechSmith Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 517-381-2300 x212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your request and contact information.