Functions as a key Finance Department professional responsible for assisting in US GAAP research and documenting draft technical accounting memos, assisting implementation of new accounting pronouncements, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance in related finance areas. Will also assist in the preparation and filing of SEC reports – Annual and Quarterly report on Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and other registration filings. Will assist with the management of quarterly reviews and annual audits with our external auditors.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
· Assist in accounting research and drafting of technical accounting memos
· Assist in the preparation of all SEC periodical and other reports (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, etc.), including MD&A
· Assist in the review and updating of accounting policies
· Provide support to internal and external auditors as required and ensure SOX compliance
· Assist in the preparation and review of annual impairment of goodwill and other intangible assets
· Liaison with operating units and other corporate departments – Legal, Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations, Segment Finance as needed
· Support action plans to improve processes, automate and streamline external reporting
· Special projects as required
Cooper Compamies management team is committed to the development of and implementation of the quality management system and maintaining its effectiveness by communicating to the organization the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to read and understand technical accounting material
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience with Accounting research tools (Intelligentsia, DAART) a plus
· Experience with Hyperion Financial Management, XBRL and/or Workiva a plus
· Requires mathematics skills, reading and comprehension skills, writing skills, communication with all levels in the organization
· Requires the ability to work self-directed including time management and the ability to multi-task concurring priorities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Works as an integral member of the Finance team in an ADA compliant building. Works at a workstation in a well-lighted, air-conditioned office. Works with computer, printer and fax supplied by The Cooper Companies. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
· 0-2 years’ experience with a combination of public accounting (preferably big 4) and publicly held company or industry experience in Technical Accounting function of a publicly held company.
· CPA preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting