What You’ll Do
• Embed with the customer's engineering Agile teams to coach and guide them throughout their journey to BDD. Be a player-coach.
The technical coach will aid team in meeting each sprint’s goals, by enhancing their ATDD technical capability and effectiveness over time.
• Share and advocate for best practices in BDD
Help the team adopt and mature its BDD processes and practices
Envision and setup KPIs/metrics to baseline and gauge the maturity of the BDD adoption and effectiveness of the coaching
• Assist and consult the teams as they create living documentation and acceptance tests in Gherkin
• Provide refresher BDD trainings on as-needed basis
• Provide thought leadership around BDD automation framework design and implementation
Identify and surface challenges in adoption, recommended solutions and effectively communicate to executive leadership.
• Nice to have: Provide architectural guidance around BDD automation framework implementation
What You Have
• Excellent understanding of Behavior-Driven Development methodology (BDD), roles and responsibilities of different team members
• Atleast 3-5 years of experience executing ATDD/BDD on a project
• 1+ years of experience using Gherkin language to describe functional requirements
• Understanding of Cucumber for the execution of Gherkins
• 1+ years of experience with functional test automation concepts
• 1+ years of experience with test automation capabilities and limitations
Technical ability to:
Establish BDD ground rules and roles and responsibilities to foster a cohesive BDD team
Deliver project process improvements across Sprint
usage support for tools used for the BDD process
Best Practices for developing Features files
Provide methods of categorizing backend (API) and frontend (UI) test cases
Provide methods of creating one or more Feature files for a User Story
Provide methods for splitting Feature files appropriately
Provide expertise in structuring acceptance criteria for Feature files
Provide expertise for structuring tests and tying them to actual requirements
• Nice to have:
Hands-on test automation experience
Hands-on BDD automation framework implementation/usage experience
Experience in providing effective methods for testing Microservices-based applications
Knowledge of the CI/CD pipeline and integration into the pipeline.