Technical Analyst / Scrum Master (
Job Number:328018 )
- Assist in facilitating Team Ceremonies - Stand up; Inception; Sprint planning; backlog refinement; team demos
- Communication - Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with technical and non-technical audiences, including persuasion and negotiation skills to resolve differences with skill and understanding
- Help with design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
- Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
- Monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
- Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
- Manage Application Defects and provide user assistance when needed.
- Refine backlog work items and provide functional guidance to the developers when needed
- Provide weekly metrics updates for business stakeholders.
- Investigate data flow issues reported and meet with application stakeholders weekly basis to discuss the progress and timelines for resolution.
- Provide onsite support for users located in various offices.
- This role will also work on the release scrum team as a testing/QA lead.
- Work with the QA team to prepare test cases for User Stories/Stories (Changes/Defects). Review test cases for accuracy/depth/breadth of the functionality being tested.
- Ensure test cases are executed in a timely manner to keep deployments on schedule.
- Coordinate E2E testing with upstream/downstream teams when needed.
- Assist with requirements gathering and functional clarification to the developers/QA team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1+ year’s direct experience working with teams in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple teams.
- Insurance industry knowledge (Small commercial)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Using Agile Tools (JIRA)
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Job- Information Technology
Travel- Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting- Jun 26, 2019, 5:46:53 PM