Gryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Governments partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring todays U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We provide Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, VA. For sixty years, DARPA has held to a singular and enduring mission: to make pivotal investments in breakthrough technologies for national security.
We have an ongoing need for a Technical Artificial Intelligence (AI) SETA to support the DARPA Tactical Technology Office (TTO) in Arlington, VA.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing a range of support in support of AI research programs
- Managing technology and research programs involving basic and AI research and its wide applications, including areas such as perception and reasoning, machine learning, adversarial machine learning, human-machine collaboration, autonomy, autonomous systems, semi-autonomous systems, robust communications, and detection/identification/neutralization of cyber threats at scale
- Making significant contributions across a range of technical areas by identifying and monitoring ongoing AI research developments, methodologies, advancements, and technologies for current and new program development
- Performing tasks in an integrated and collaborative manner across wide mission domains; including model-based approaches to autonomy, swarming, counter-swarm, multi-platform coordination, and multi-modal human-machine interaction optimized for human physiology in support of programs may include advanced autonomy for ground, maritime, air and space systems
- Providing in-depth expertise in the assessments of proposals to determine the technical merit of proposal objectives and methodologies
- Developing test plans for assessment of program performers' systems and, when required/appropriate, coordinate with program performers throughout the testing of programs to ensure ranges, testing, and systems meet the test plan requirements
- Providing information analysis expertise to identify, develop, and support methodologies for current and new program development 10 15% travel may be requiredWork will be performed on-site
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in computer science, engineering, information, or mathematics related field
- Strong background in computer science, cognitive science, or mathematics
- Proven communication skills to include experience with technical writing and briefing preparations
- Prior experience interfacing with operational personnel and senior government officials to understand operational requirements and articulate program goals
- Background in machine learning, natural language processing, linguistics, and/or natural language understanding
- Experience with developing innovative technologies at a rapid pace in response to emerging threats
- Experience with any of the following: Bayesian networks, classifiers, causal models, cognitive computing, human-machine interaction, symbolic logic, deep learning, Markov processes, neural networks, deep neural networks, computer vision, probabilistic models, probabilistic methods, and/or explanatory models
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.