Job DescriptionJob #: 197638
If you are an experienced Technical Author looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Technical Author. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Technical Author will include:
- Consult with various client contacts (external) and subject matter experts (internal and external) to gather product specific information.
- Provide high level of proficiency in developing wiring, diagnostic and technical writing projects in multiple authoring environments based on the level of equity assigned.
- Participate in meetings with clients and co-workers.
- Develop technical information using client-supplied resources, such as subject matter experts, product teardowns and engineering schematics.
- Develop diagnostics in various computer programs under defined development schedules.
- Develop labor times in conjunction with repair procedures to ensure time-efficient processes are established.
- Advise Project Manager/Team Lead of project status and potential issues.
- Complete various additional assignments as directed by Project Manager/Team Lead.
- Work directly with customer contacts to guide them through problem resolution.
As a Technical Author you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree in an Automotive or Engineering field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of authoring experience preferred.
- State and/or ASE certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to describe electronic and electrical fundamentals.
- Knowledge of and ability to describe mechanical procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to describe flat rate labor time methods and processes.
- Knowledge of and ability to describe modern automotive systems.
- Knowledge of modern light truck diesel applications preferred.
- Knowledge of automotive hybrid powertrains preferred.
- Knowledge of PC based software and ability to type.
- Familiarity with Adobe products (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, monitor and assess performance within deadlines and utilize appropriate resources to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated verbal and written communication (i.e. client communications, engineering draft material, electronic module design specifications and sub-system schematics).
- Ability to communicate written and verbal ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to utilize creative problem resolution skills to handle client related concerns.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without VISA sponsorship.
As a Technical Author with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Technical Author Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!