Provides analytical, technical and problem resolution support to Facets and peripheral systems. Conducts or participates in activities related to planning, controlling and directing, and performing system enhancements/projects, testing processes and/or system changes and configuration/support.
The analyst must use knowledge of existing business practices, systems, procedures, policies, current testing tools/practices and their inter-relationships to provide and ensure innovative approaches and solutions to business problems and requirements in the supported systems. The analyst is responsible for obtaining necessary approvals on systems configuration, systems testing and application changes.
Education, Certification, and Licenses:
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in one of the following; business administration, health planning and administration, information systems, computer science; and three years' relative experience.
- Experience working with Facets® as an integrated business system that handles claims processing, membership, billing, network, clinical, customer service, and product processes. Familiar or experienced in any of the peripheral systems to Facets.
- Ability to lead meetings and give presentations to both management and staff. Includes the ability to develop teamwork among diverse groups.
- Ability to analyze problems and issues, determine impact, and develop business solutions for system changes. Ability to act as a liaison and recommend solutions to a variety of departments, as well as other Plans and other external business partners.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and control projects. Includes the ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with technical and non-technical audiences. Also includes persuasion and negotiation skills to resolve differences with skill and understanding.
- Ability to quantify and prioritize assigned activities, the ability to adapt to changing priorities, and perform duties with minimal supervision. Includes ability to act both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the health care industry and CBC corporate structure. Includes knowledge of standards, policies, and business practices and procedures for multiple departments/systems. Is familiar with those business services, systems and/or processes provided by external business partners.
- Knowledge of data processing terminology and concepts. Includes a high level technical understanding of technologies such as Microsoft Office Suite, Crystal Reporting, Data Modeling and Intranet Technology as well as knowledge of batch and real-time processing environments. Also includes knowledge of online change methodologies (i.e. Remedy), Quality Center and Web-Based Products. Experience working with testing tools, such as UFT, and LoadRunner, especially for regression testing and performance measurement.
- Knowledge of ANSI Standards as they relate to HIPAA legislation.
- Knowledgeable and capable of conducting cost benefit analysis techniques.
- Travel may be required and could potentially include overnight excursions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, talk, hear, and see. The employee must be able to work over 40 hours per week. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. (Note: this statement was pre-populated)
- Sedentary work involving significant periods of sitting, talking, hearing, keying and performing repetitive motions. Work requires visual acuity to perform close inspection of written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor. Working environment includes typical office conditions.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides analytical, technical and problem resolution support to Facets and peripheral systems.
- Conducts or participates in activities related to planning, controlling and directing, and performing system enhancements/projects, testing processes and/or system changes and configuration/support.
- The analyst must use knowledge of existing business practices, systems, procedures, policies, current testing tools/practices and their inter-relationships to provide and ensure innovative approaches and solutions to business problems and requirements in the supported systems.
- The analyst is responsible for obtaining necessary approvals on systems configuration, systems testing and application changes.
This position frequently requires additional work hours throughout the year with the heaviest time periods in January, May, June, July, October, November, December. There will also be limited PTO during those months.
Capital BlueCross is an independent licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law.