Technical Business Analyst
This position is analyzing business data, writing and scripting SQL. It is not a Report or Dashboard Developer. For this position we are seeking a dynamic Analyst with strong analyst, Visio, Waterfall or Agile methodologies, data warehouse, HIPAA, HITECH, HiTrust and SQL experience.
We are driving Healthcare forward. Come join us!
Not your typical workday…..
Matrix Medical Network IT delivers capabilities using cutting edge technologies, including Mobile Tablet, Geo-spatial Analysis, Database Solutions using SQL and noSQL, Business Intelligence and Custom Business solutions. Looking for enthusiastic, action oriented team members who will thrive in our fast paced and dynamic environment.
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for working with internal and external clients to define data requirements and to support reporting and advance analytics from new and existing systems.
This role plays a critical role in developing key metrics, uncovering vital insights and delivering critical analysis that will lead to data-informed decisions and guide business strategy. Your expertise will influence decisions made at the highest levels of the company.
- Ensuring data implementations and integrations between application systems, data marts, and data warehouses, matches reporting and analytics requirements and will participate in high-level discussions regarding scope and alternative designs.
- You will work closely with senior leadership, department heads and teammates to use data to drive the success of the organization.
- Able to communicate complex analysis and insights to various stakeholders inside and outside of analytical teams.
- Participates in all phases of SDLC: from system analysis and design thru development and test to deployment and support.
- Work with business stakeholders, and end users to identify and document data requirements for reports, data marts, and the data warehouse.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, and workflow analysis
- Provides requirements gathering estimates and participates in project planning.
- Work closely with Report Analysts, IT Development, and Informatics leadership to review and approve design and test case documentation to ensure compliance with requirements and business goals
- Lead, Create, Perform UAT efforts
- Review and approve data implementation and integration test plans
- Create Report mockups
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools
- Manage the creation and use of requirements trace information
- Independently analyze data structures and architecture, along with business processes, to gain existing process understanding and lead requirement gathering sessions
- Leads complex working sessions with key stakeholders for large/multi-functional projects
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and actively promote business change
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
- Create or update user documentation that supports system functionality
- Is able to troubleshoot any complex data related issues as well as provide support to production.
- Ensures adherence to standards for self as well as team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst (Work in a related area can be taken into consideration)
- 5+ years of experience with all Microsoft Office Tools (must include Excel and Visio)
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server
- Knowledgeable in relational, non-relational, document model, and data warehouse data structures a must
- Proficient understanding and ability to operate inside an Agile or Waterfall Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Leadership skills, to create a collaborative environment and influence people to move toward a common goal
- Interviewing and questioning skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Communication skills, to communicate information effectively and in the appropriate form to customers, businesss users and technical staff
- Interpersonal skills, to build strong working relationships with other team members and customers
- Organizational skills, to monitor and track multiple projects and the associated tasks simultaneously and cope with rapidly changing information and circumstances
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of estimation and planning
- Ability to be flexible, set priorities and meet deadlines in a changing environment for self as well as team.
- Must have decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and using good business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and improve the process efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to reduce and/or prevent production defects based on the continuous root cause analysis and process improvement
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships across teams and with a diverse workforce
- Able to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner.
- Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Healthcare experience preferred, specifically Medicare Advantage, Care Management, and/or Pharmacy
- Experience with knowledge of industry regulations: HIPAA, HITECH, HiTrust, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Travel Requirements: ability to travel up to 15%
Matrix Medical Network is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Type: Full Time Data Analyst, Business
Location: Scottsdale Office
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 - Flexible
Primary Location: Scottsdale, AZ 85258. Job: IT— Data Analyst, Regular Shift. Full-time Job Level: Day Job, Travel, Monday, Friday. Job, IT Data Analyst, Business, Full-Time, Regular, Job Type, Standard, Travel, Pay, Regular Hours.
Technical Consultant / Analyst