12 3 20
Write and design instruction manuals, assembly instructions, and other documents that covert complex information into a format that is easy for readers to understand and execute upon while overseeing staff in their day to day functions.
KEY RESULTS AREAS TIME UTILIZATION
- Write, design, and maintain product instruction manuals 60%
- Product evaluation and testing 20%
- Communications 20%
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, or Technical Writing.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in writing technical documents
- Top notch skills in writing, grammar and punctuation a must.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely through writing and design while keeping the end consumer in mind.
- Must speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects concurrently and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Must have high proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to create line art graphics and instructional layouts.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as a member of a team.
- Read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
- Photography aptitude
- Reports to Sr. Director of Quality Assurance
- Develop standard page templates that effectively communicate product concepts and use.
- Write, design and maintain product instruction manuals.
- Track and document project progress on a daily basis to ensure deadline targets are met.
- Participate in product evaluations and product selection reporting.
- Set up, perform, and document function testing on assorted items to determine viability and ultimate verification of product.
- Interface with project managers and product designers on a daily, ongoing basis in order to gather necessary information needed for manuals.
- Act as an information conduit between PM, PD, Marketing and QA in order to confirm safety, viability, and workability of items being developed.
- Interface with entertainment department to ensure consumer-facing product demonstration scripts and videos follow instruction manuals and address key issues.