Technical Designer – Intimates
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of nearly 870 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Technical Designer provides technical expertise to evaluate apparel merchandise in terms of style, measurement and construction to achieve the appropriate fit, quality and design interpretation for the manufacturer to follow.
- Collaborate with Design and Product Development teams to determine fit and aesthetics.
- Complete product packages in FlexPLM, including measurements, construction details and technical sketches.
- Establish and maintain fit and construction standards to ensure brand consistency and quality.
- Prepare and lead fit sessions with Design and Product Development, discuss fit history when presenting current fit and recommend alternative methods of construction or options for components when necessary.
- Resolve and communicate fit and construction issues to International Buying Offices and factories within the development and production timelines.
- Daily communication and follow through with IBO, vendors, and all cross-functional partners.
- Enhance fit and quality through review of customer comments, competitive analysis, and conducting fit symposiums.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree in fine arts or design, or equivalent work experience in a design related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of technical design experience required.
- Knowledge of garment construction, patternmaking and manufacturing process.
- A trained eye for proportion, balance and aesthetic details.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates confidence and assertiveness in fit presentation.
- Ability to self-manage, works independently, multitask, and consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proactive on problem solving and resolution oriented.
- Proficiency in: Flex PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Web PDM, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
REQ ID: 1082732