This position will deliver consistent technical training programs to maintenance associates, particularly Customer Service Representatives and Technicians. Identify needs or opportunities of both curriculum enhancements and course additions relevant to our maintenance model and practices.Locations across the US (East, West and Central).
- Effectively deliver training courses via a classroom and hands-on learning environment to service department associates at all levels to include maintenance-specific systems, applications and procedures
- Help develop content for classroom/hands-on and online training for all Penske maintenance procedures as well as make recommendations to OEM supplied training
- Create summaries for all classes to report out to local service management. Support/conduct follow up evaluations to measure effectiveness of training and recommended content/delivery improvements
- Update current courses to reflect changes in technology and/or procedures as well as in the development of new courses including lesson plan, training material, pre-requisites and conducting pilot courses
- Advise on updates to technical and user manuals to support use of company specific systems, applications and procedures. Helps ensure material is accurate and reflects current standards
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors / Associates degree preferred; Vocational or Technical degree preferred
- Experience as an instructor in a classroom and/or hands-on environment preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as a technician in the heavy duty truck or similar industry preferred
- Prior Penske experience as a lead technician, supervisor, or manager preferred
- 608 and 609 EPA certified preferred
- Advanced knowledge of safety practices preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Some experience with MS-Office tools: Word, Excel, & PowerPoint required
- Ability to work independently along with strong organization and time management skills required.
- Ability to travel up to as much as 70% required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com
to learn more.