We're looking for someone who has coding experience, a gift for communication, and credibility as a blogger who wants to tackle a new challenge: leading, growing, and curating open source content that allows engineers to make the most of New Relic's platform to solve modern monitoring problems.
You'll be joining the Open Source and Developer Advocacy team, which is distributed and remote-friendly, including this role.
Our Developer Ecosystem teams have launched a refreshed developer website as an open source project. We have a vision to grow the breadth and depth of our technical content in quality, quantity, engagement, and contribution.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Build modular and long-form tutorial content in open source, including example code
- Drive a calendar of engineer focused content
- Curate a calendar of ongoing, engineer-focused tutorial content
- Mentor other Relics to improve clarity, conciseness, and consistency of their writing
- Engage Relics and our developer community in contributing content
- Be responsible for developer website editorial review
- Review, approve, and merge content pull requests in GitHub
- A portfolio of technical blog content for review
- A proactive attitude, able to successfully manage your time and deliver your projects
- A drive to practice and improve your communication skills
- An interest in coaching engineers to level-up their communication skills
- A history of exploring and acquiring new skills and quickly assimilating new technologies into your proverbial "tool bag" of capabilities
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years programming experience, delivering and supporting production code
- Experience working with or as a part of a distributed team
- Experience as an open source maintainer
- Web design or software user experience (UX) design skills
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.