GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
GP Strategies has an immediate need for a Technical Editor. This is a staff opportunity as an editor to work with a foremost provider of custom training programs that teach product knowledge and related skills.
This position requires the individual to:
- Support project editorial needs to review, copy edit, and proofread documents and client deliverables (both print and online) and ensure they are grammatically correct, properly punctuated, correctly formatted, and of the highest quality
- Ensure all deliverables are readable and flow in a logical progression and that graphics, media, tables, and illustrations match and support the text
- Apply appropriate style standards for the project and client
- Perform quality assurance reviews and thoroughly test functionality of online materials
- Communicate effectively with project managers, instructional designers, programmers, editors, and other team members
- Work virtually, interfacing with internal staff via instant messaging, virtual meetings, email, telephone, and text messaging
- Input staffing data and project information into database
- Bachelor's degree in English, technical writing, journalism, or related field preferred
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills, following accepted rules of grammar, style, tone, and form that are appropriate for the audience
- Extreme attention to accuracy, which is essential to an editing position
- Willingness to work a highly flexible schedule to respond to immediate team needs
- Familiarity with client style guides, The Chicago Manual of Style, and/or The Microsoft Manual of Style
- Strong facility with full Microsoft Office suite of applications, especially Word and PowerPoint; experience with HTML and SharePoint a plus
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.