There’s a new leader in innovative supply chain management solutions, forged from the well-established brands Wesco Aircraft and Pattonair. Incora is the world’s leading provider of supply chain management solutions. Working from the inside-out, we add value where it matters most, and incorporate our capabilities into our customers' businesses. Incora manages all aspects of supply chain from procurement and warehouse management to logistics and on-site customer services.
The Quality function is responsible for ensuring that customer requirements are understood and translated into robust processes, which comply with legal and quality approval requirements. This is achieved by working with all employees to increase the company’s efficiency, effectiveness and profitability by identifying and facilitating opportunities for improvement.
To provide technical support to the Commodity teams, in establishing capable suppliers and to ensure that the product validation process is robust. To technically lead the introduction of new product into new or existing supply chain ensuring the suppliers production system is stable and capable.
Structure, Impact and Dimensions
The majority of the time within this role will be spent interfacing with suppliers and the commodity teams to understand supplier capabilities and how these impact commodity strategies. Accountable for improving the manufacturing capacity of designated suppliers with autonomy to agree improvement priorities with suppliers in line with the commodity strategy.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills/Knowledge
- HNC/HND/NVQ level 3 in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Significant experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Some experience of using advanced quality tools (e.g. PFMEA or PPAP)
- Some experience of working within a technical role within an aerospace environment
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings
- Good communication skills
- Provide local point of contact for all technical issues to support the generation or modification of commodity strategies, and all sourcing activities.
- Educate and coach suppliers in the application of manufacturing methods to resolve problems effecting delivery or quality performance of suppliers.
- In conjunction with New Product Introduction team, technically lead the introduction of new product into both established and new supply chains, to ensure right first delivery of new product.
- Conduct and verify product validation processes to ensure suppliers manufacturing system is capable of reliably achieving the engineering standards.
- Manage the technical interface between Suppliers, Incora and the end Customers to minimise risk of delivery disruption due to technical issues.
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.