If you consider yourself a great leader, but are still drawn to the technical side of things. Then We have the job for you. We are looking for a strong technical engineer with a passion for leading and growing other engineers in Protection focused area's. You will lead a team of Engineers that will have exposure to all of the following, but not limited to: Transmission, Distribution, Generation , Substation Protection, and much more. This position is located in our Alpharetta office right outside of Atlanta.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possesses, understands and applies knowledge and experience of power system protection and related SEL products to complete complex assignments.
2. Lead in training and assisting customers with the creation, design configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
3. Lead in assigning, completing and implementing work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
4. Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
5. Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
6. Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. In Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
7+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and protection practices and philosophies
Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
Demonstrated proven knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Professional Engineer License or equivalent certification
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
Project management experience
Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
Focus Area = Protection
Protection = system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
Alpharetta, GA- This position is located in Alpharetta, GA. The city is located between the North Georgia Mountains and Atlanta, allowing residents to enjoy the big city, and easy access to outdoor recreation. However, you won't have to look to Atlanta for big city comforts, Alpharetta is quickly growing and offers amazing shopping, dining, and entertainment.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.