CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned management consulting and digital transformation company, is looking for a Technical Information Specialist to support a Federal client at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
The Technical Information Specialistwill provide technical support and user education for user account management systems provided by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). These systems include My NCBI for managing user preferences, formulating, saving and scheduling searches; My Bibliography for managing publication lists and NIH Public Access compliance; and SciENcv for managing NIH and/or NSF Biosketches for grant applicants.
This position is an excellent opportunity to use state-of-the-art computer systems and gain experience using bioinformatics tools developed by a leading computational biology research group.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide e-mail assistance to users of NCBI's account management systems, including questions related to creating and managing accounts, complying with NIH/NSF grant reporting requirements and adding publications to My Bibliography.
- Collect and report common problems reported by users and work with design and development groups to devise solutions.
- Participate in the ongoing design discussions of additional user account services, including new tools for sharing and interacting with NCBI content.
- Develop educational content, including webinars, tutorials, videos, blog posts and social media content for educating users about these account management systems.
- Online searching of scientific databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to obtain a NIH Public Trust
- Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX operating systems
- Familiarity with modern web design and social media sites
- Masters in Library Science/Library and Information Science preferred