Senior Software Engineer/ Technical Lead
Apex's client is seeking a senior full-stack .NET software engineer to serve as a technical leader responsible for all phases of development from discovery through production deployment!
The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, is passionate about development, and enjoys solving problems through the entire application stack. The candidate should bring an excitement and energy to the team and have the interpersonal skills and ability to work with other developers, business analysts, testing specialists and product owners to create excellent, high quality software.
This is a contract to hire position and while on contract, you would have access to Apex's benefits!
If you would like to apply for this position please email Krystina at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- As the key technical leader your obligations will include accountability for the full stack end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Work with business owners and SME’s on design, development, and enhancements of pragmatic technology solutions ranging from custom .NET applications to data and reporting solutions to interfaces. Provide feedback and recommendations to the business for improvements to features, functionality, architecture, design and performance.
- Structure and manage small Agile software development teams. Implement software development processes and standards built on sprint-based development cycles, test driven development, and continuous integration.
- Lead the full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget.
- Own and maintain code quality, architecture, and modernization. Be the hands-on person who takes ownership, accountability, and responsibility for all development.
- Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) with guidance and input from leadership on the team and the IT organization.
- Follow industry trends and the open source community, identifying and proactively advocating for cutting edge tools that would optimize software development processes and costs. Researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies.
- Coach and mentor junior team members with project related activities and tasks.
- Very experienced at working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment. Must be organized and capable of independently managing multiple deliverables and deadlines. Must be capable of concurrently working across multiple unrelated projects and assignments.
- Hands-on experience with software development methodologies and best practices including iterative delivery model, deployment automation, object oriented development, code reusability, code reviews, and test driven development.
- Experience managing Agile software development teams and working in a continuous integration environment following an iterative, sprint-based delivery model.
- Experience using Test Driven Development best practices in software development, testing, and delivery. Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- 5+ years of experience independently designing and developing small to medium-sized software applications. Comfortable being solely responsible for the success of software development projects.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server, database design, and T-SQL. Comfortable designing and creating SQL databases from scratch to support applications. SQL experience with stored procedures, functions, views, indexing, query optimization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills; very organized with attention to detail; and known for quality of work.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts.
- Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Experience using source control and solid understanding of code versioning tools.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer science, information systems, or related engineering field.
- Experience using continuous integration, build and deploy tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience developing applications using PowerBuilder.
- Experience applying the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) in software development is a plus.
- Experience working with remote and/or off-shore team members.
- Experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and has successfully applied these tools in the design and implementation of projects and systems.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Experience working in the financial services industry.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178