Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 5,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
As a Front End lead + architect, you will work closely with design and product teams from around the globe and multiple frontend development teams to develop and deliver enterprise applications and digital products for Clarivate Content Technology. This will be an exciting opportunity to apply your development and leadership experience to create high impact user-centered products. These products will be used by internal and external personnel to curate Clarivate’s rich content and provide value add content for our customers. In this role, you will participate in reviewing business requirements and analysis till the final delivery of an enterprise software in Angular 7 or 8. Candidate must submit a code sample(s) for web applications to be considered for this position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implement the Front End technical design and development of enterprise-class web applications
- Review business requirements and ability to perform a technical analysis of requirements and participating in estimation process
- Driving architectural discussions for new applications
- Deliver a solid, detailed technical design and architectural documentation
- Creating governance with Design System and managing various teams delivering applications based on that
- Contribute ideas for making the application better and easier to use
- Leading multiple frontend developers on agile squads to deliver Angular application
- Mentoring and supporting team members
- Design and implement user authentication and security features
Specific Technologies used in the Content Technology team:
- CSS frameworks like Sass, Less
- HTML5/CSS3 and other cross-browser responsive applications
- Git, bower, grunt, yarn, and Yeoman
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Graduated or masters with a degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in front end development and engineering
- Demonstrated ability to build elegant and engaging user interfaces
- Extensive experience in CSS frameworks like Sass, Less
- Knowledge of Material Design principles and responsive design
- Expert in HTML5/CSS3 and creating cross-browser responsive applications
- Experience with git, bower, grunt, yarn, and Yeoman
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with individuals across the organization.
- Experience using component library framework integration (e.g. Angular Material).
- Experience with REST Web Services.
- Experience using state management (e.g. ngrx)
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Experience with Github and Jenkins
- Experience writing UI unit tests
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.