Description :Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned)
Oversees safe and economical daily and long-term maintenance of equipment at multiple assigned geothermal power plants and their associated steam fields. Ensures safety of employees, contractors and the public in all maintenance activities in operating plants. Coordinates schedules and conducts mechanical, electrical, and instrument and control repair, preventative maintenance and new installations. Organizes and oversees contract work. Maintains computerized maintenance management program. Ensures compliance with all applicable environmental and safety regulations during the performance of maintenance activities. Schedules materials, equipment and personnel for plant outages and overhauls. Participates in the planning and scheduling of plant activities. Maintains needed site spare parts in coordination with warehouse personnel. Helps create and monitor plant/field budget for expenses and projects. Oversees performance of contractors required for on-site maintenance, services, equipment rentals, and maintenance training. Manages new equipment warranties. On-call 24 hours/day 7 days/week to respond to potential power plant/steam field problems.
• Accomplishes work through others. Manages overall equipment maintenance function at assigned power plant and steam fields.
• Manages employees performing related duties.
• Makes or advises on decisions typically related to resources, project approach, and tactical operations.
• Assists in the development and administration of plant operating budgets.
• Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and initiatives involving own and possibly related functional areas.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals.
• Prepares and communicates work schedules for staff, balances workload and monitors quality of results.
• Works within general guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems for a function.
• Manages multiple functions within operations the maintenance function. Regularly manages large-scale projects/activities or a very closely related set of projects/activities.
• Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels.
• Oversees the training and development of staff..
Requirements :• High School Diploma required, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent desirable.
• Previous work leadership or senior level contributor experience.
• Typically requires minimum of 5+ years of experience in power plant maintenance and 3 years of supervisor experience.
• Intimate knowledge and experience with technical repair and maintenance practices.
• Valid state driver’s license.